Here’s an easy, yet beautiful, date night makeup tutorial for you using Red Apple Lipstick products. This look is perfect for springtime. Whether you are able to go out on a date or stay in for a romantic candlelit dinner at home, this look will be perfect. It’s soft and romantic with a pop of color on the lips! Did I mention it’s also quite easy to do?
Step 1- Base
Start with a well-moisturized face and apply primer if you use one. I also like to prep my lips by applying a coat of the Rallye Balm. After your moisturizer/primer has soaked in, apply your foundation. I prefer light to medium coverage foundations, so for this look I used a moisturizing liquid foundation that has light-medium coverage and applied it with a brush, but you can also use a makeup sponge as well. Next, use a concealer under the eyes and on any spots that need extra coverage if you need it. You can then lightly set your foundation and concealer with setting powder. If it is cold, there’s no need to use setting powder all over your face. Skip this step and just set the under-eye area.
Step 2- Bronzer
To add some warmth to your face as a part of this date night makeup look, apply some Sundrop Bronzer using the Blush Brush to the cheekbones, forehead, and nose. Start lightly and build your color up to the intensity you wish. I also like to add some definition to my cheeks by applying the bronzer to the hollows of the cheeks and I also applied the bronzer on the sides of my nose to define it.
Step 3- Blush
Next, with the Blush Brush apply blush to the apple of your cheeks and blend towards your hairline. For this look, I chose to use the shade Coy since it would go well with the rest of the products we will use. For those with more mature skin, apply your blush closer to the cheekbones and farther from the apples of the cheeks to give your face a lifted, youthful look.
Step 4- Highlight
Since Red Apple does not make a specific product marketed as a face highlighter, I used Buttercream eyeshadow to use to highlight the face. A highlighter is used to give the skin a dewy glow and make your cheekbones more prominent, helping them to pop. You can use a small fluffy face brush or you can even use the Blush Brush by lightly tapping just the tip of the brush into Buttercream. Apply it onto the top of the cheekbones and on the bridge of your nose (You can also apply it on the cupid’s bow, your chin, and onto the center of your forehead if you would like).
Step 5- Brows
I hardly ever fill in my brows so I did not do this step for this look, but if I were to do so, I would do so now before moving to the eyes. We recommend that everyone fills in their brows, unless your brows are even and full, learn how to do this and still look like yourself in this post. Using an eyeshadow gives you a softer, natural look. Use an eyeshadow shade that matches your hair color if you have darker hair. For those with lighter hair, it would be good to use an eyeshadow color that is a shade or two darker than your hair color to make your brows pop. For some people, Brownie Points or Tip Taupe make great shadow brow fillers.
Step 6- Eyes – Date Night Makeup
Ok, now let’s move onto the eyes.
1. First, we want to prime the eyes using a little bit of the Prime Time Eyeshadow Primer all over the lids and let it dry for about a minute. My eyelids are pretty oily so I take the extra step of setting the primer with a setting powder.
2. Next, apply Porcelain eyeshadow as your Base color using a brush like the Wet/Dry Eye
3. Using the Wet/Dry Eye Brush again, apply Earth Girl eyeshadow on the lids, blending the color all the way up to the transition area (the area just above the crease) using the Crease
& Blend Brush.
4. You then want to blend out any harsh edges with a lighter color. Using the Crease & Blend
Brush, tap the brush into Heirloom eyeshadow, and blend that into the transition area to blend out the edges of Earth Girl.
5. Go back in with Earth Girl to darken the lids just a bit, making sure to blend out the edges into the crease. Use the Wet/Dry Eye Brush to place Earth Girl on the lids and then use the Crease & Blend Brush to blend out the edges.
7. Apply Buttercream eyeshadow to the inner corner of the eyes as well as on the brow bone.
8. We don’t want to forget the bottom lash line, so take the Crease & Blend Brush to add
Hello Darkness to the outer corner of the bottom lash line. Then take some of Earth Girl to blend that out, blending Earth Girl all the way across the bottom lashline.
9. To finish the eye, apply 3 to 4 coats of The Lash Project Mascara.
Step 7- Lips
Last but not least are the lips. I kept it simple and just applied a couple of coats of Starlette lipstick.
You could line the lips first if you wish, Scarlet Red lip liner, or even Natural, will work great with this lipstick shade.
I hope you like this date night makeup look and try it out. The best part is that you don’t need too many eyeshadows for the eye look. Eye makeup looks can sometimes get a bit complicated, especially when they require more than four eyeshadows. This look, however, is super easy and anyone can recreate it. Let us know your thoughts on this look in the comments below and what your favorite date night involves!