When it comes to picking lipstick, there are a few things you want to consider to help you choose that perfect shade that is just right for you. Today I will be sharing some tips that will help you select the best pink lipstick shade/s for your skin tone. And of course, I will also share some Red Apple pink lipstick options that we think will work for each skin tone
The first thing you need to determine is what is your skin tone. Your skin tone is basically your surface skin color. There are 3 broad skin tone categories, Fair/Light, Medium, and Dark. Fair/Light skin tones- the lightest skin tones. Those with Fair complexions fall in the lightest end of the range of skin tones, if you have a fair complexion you probably sunburn easily. Those with Light complexions usually have warmer undertones (we will talk about this next), and might not sunburn as easily. Medium skin tones- anywhere from light-medium, to olive, to tan complexions. Dark skin tones- these are those with the darkest to deepest complexions.
Next, you want to determine your skin’s undertone, which is the color tone underneath your skin. There are three undertones, Cool, Warm, and Neutral. One of the easiest ways to figure out your undertone is by looking at the color of your veins on the inside of your wrist, where your veins tend to be more visible. You have a:• Cool Undertone- if your veins appear to be blue or purple. • Warm Undertone- if your veins appear to be green. • Neutral Undertone- if your veins appear to be both blue and green. Or if you cannot tell if they are either blue or green, you most likely have a neutral undertone
Ok, now that we have determined these two factors let us move on to the fun part, lipstick colors.
Best Pink Lipsticks For Fair/Light Skin Tones:
In general, those with Fair and Lighter skin tones look best with softer shades of pinks. You want to avoid pinks that are too dark and too bold that could end up looking too harsh. If you have cool undertones, try pink shades with blue and purple undertones. Think rosy pinks, magentas, lavenders, for example. Those with warm undertones should try warmer shades of pink, look for shades that have orange and yellow undertones. Some examples of warmer pinks are corals, nude pinks, and peachy pinks. If you have neutral undertones, you can pretty much wear any of these pinks just mentioned.
- Audrey- this lipstick color works pretty much on any skin tone and undertone so this one
is a go-to. It’s a soft, neutral pink lipstick shade that is elegant and timeless.
- Brazilliant– a beautiful light shimmery pink with slight tangerine undertones, it is almost
a light coral shade. This is perfect for light skin tones with warm or neutral undertones,
but since it is a lighter shade and not an overly warm color, those with cool undertones
could also wear it.
- Mabel– a beautiful mauve, rose pink. This is a slightly cool-toned pink that works
perfectly for cool undertones and neutral undertones.
- Maven Mauve– a blend between dusty rose and mauve, ideal for cool undertones and
great for neutral tones.
- New York- no shimmer, pink-based nude with a velvety finish. Any skin tone could wear
this shade but is great for those with neutral and warm undertones.
- Oh My Guava– nude-pink shade with less brown and more pink undertones. Great for
almost any skin tone, but very flattering on cool undertones.
- Oh Snapdragon– a gorgeous soft blossom pink with cool undertones of lavender. It’s
colorful yet soft, making it work perfectly for Fair/Light skin tones with cool and neutral
undertones who want a more colorful lip.
Melissa is wearing Audrey by Red Apple Lipstick
Melissa is wearing Brazilliant by Red Apple Lipstick
Andrea is wearing Mabel by Red Apple Lipstick
Melissa is wearing Maven Mauve by Red Apple Lipstick
Sharon is wearing New York by Red Apple Lipstick
Melissa is wearing Oh My Guava by Red Apple Lipstick
Andrea is wearing Oh Snapdragon by Red Apple Lipstick
Best Pink Lipsticks For Medium Skin Tones:
Those with medium skin tones can pull off almost any color of pink, depending on your
undertone of course. Raspberry pinks and hot pinks are just some that tend to be very flattering on medium skin tones. Make sure to avoid very light pinks, particularly those with blue undertones since though types of shades could make you look washed out. Cool undertones look best with pinks that have blue and purple undertones. Warm undertones should look for pinks with orange and yellow undertones, such as corals, peachy pinks, and nude pinks. And of course, neutral undertones can usually pull off any of these shades.
- Audrey- a soft, neutral pink lipstick shade that is elegant and timeless, works on
practically any skin tone and undertone.
- Bella Rina– warm medium pink, a timeless classic color. This is perfect for those with
warm undertones and also good for neutral undertones.
- Brazilliant– another one that works great on anyone. This is a light shimmery almost coral
shade, perfect for those with warm undertones.
- Hibiscus– a deep, berry pink with a hint of red to it, this is a true raspberry color. Wear it
bold or simply as a stain, perfect for those with cool as well as neutral undertones.
- Kissimmee– a perfectly balanced pink and red color. It’s creamy and applies smoothly, a
full-coverage color that gives you a bright and juicy pout. This one is perfect for cool
- Let’s Flamingle– Tropical hot pink with a coral cast. While this is a hot pink color, it’s a
softer shade which makes it not overly bright. This shade is perfect for neutral undertones
as well as warm undertones since it has a coral cast to it.
- Love My Kiss– the perfect middle ground between pink and red. This color works great
with most skin tones and undertones.
- Mabel– slightly cool-toned mauve, rosy pink. Perfect for cool and neutral undertones.
- Maven Mauve– great for cool and neutral undertones.
- Oh Snapdragon– soft blossom with cool undertones of lavender, making the perfect
choice for those with cool and neutral undertones.
Raf is wearing Brazilliant by Red Apple Lipstick
Tanya is wearing Kissimmee by Red Apple Lipstick
Susan is wearing Let’s Flamingle by Red Apple Lipstick
Raf is wearing Love My Kiss by Red Apple Lipstick
Raf is wearing Mabel by Red Apple Lipstick
Raf is wearing Maven Mauve by Red Apple Lipstick
Natalie Is wearing Oh Snapdragon by Red Apple Lipstick
Best Pink Lipsticks For Dark/Deep Skin Tones:
Darker skin tones usually look best with deeper and bolder shades of pinks. Cool undertones should look for pinks with purple undertones such as fuchsias as well as blue-toned hot pinks, for example. Those with warm undertones will look great with deeper corals, orange-toned pinks, pinks with warm undertones. And neutral undertones can play around with pretty much any deeper, bolder shades of pinks. Keep in mind your base lip color, too. If your base lip color is brown or deep pink/red – then you want to make sure to go with a bolder lipstick that will blend with your base lip color.
- Bella Rina a warm medium pink that can be applied soft, or can be applied boldly. Great
for those with warm undertones as well as neutral undertones.
- Hibiscus– vibrant raspberry color. It’s a deep, berry pink with a hint of red. This beautiful
color is perfect for cool and neutral undertones.
- Love My Kiss- this one works great with most skin tones and undertones but is perfect
for those with neutral undertones.
- Petal to the Metal- this rosy/mauve medium pink has a warm overtone with a cool
undertone, making this shade perfect for any undertone.
- Unpinkable– a fuchsia pink with just a bit of red to it. This shade is a warm color but with
cool undertones, so it will look great on any undertone.
- Audrey– a neutral, elegant, pink that is perfect for everyone.
Fran is wearing Audrey by Red Apple lipstick
Fran is wearing Bella Rina by Red Apple Lipstick
Fran is wearing Hibiscus by Red Apple Lipstick
Fran is wearing Love My Kiss from Red Apple Lipstick
Fran is wearing Petal To The Metal by Red Apple Lipstick
There are no set rules when it comes to makeup, these are just some tips to make it easier to find
that perfect shade. Feel free, though, to play around with any of these beautiful shades. The most
important thing is that you like how lipstick looks on you regardless of whether it’s supposed
to be for your specific skin tone and undertone or not.
There are many of RAL’s lipsticks that will work on everyone so if you like a shade try it out, there are samples available for all the
lipsticks (both single samples and bundles available!). I do hope you find these tips helpful!
Check out our guide to the best pink lipsticks for daytime and nighttime to help narrow your choices even further!
Have you found your perfect pink lipstick? Share in the comments and let us know your favorite
pink cruelty free lipsticks.